Glenna Young, BS, RHIA, CCS
Director Health / Clinical Sr. Instructor
Office: Owen-Redfield Complex
Professional Work Experience
- Health Information Management Professional - 31 years
- Instructor College of Technology HIT Program - 23 years
- HIM experience University of Utah Medical Center, Western Rehabilitation Center and Rivendell of Utah Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Center - Utah. Bingham Memorial Hospital - Idaho
- Consultant, RHIT Health Information Bear Lake Memorial Hospital - 15 years
- Helped to start the ISU HIT Program as original HIT Advisory Board Member and then HIT Program Coordinator during first year of program.
- ISU HIT Program Awarded “Top 10 in Nation HIT Web Programs - 2014
- College of Technology Outstanding Achievement Award - 2003
- Awarded Bingham Memorial Manager of the Year - 1994
- Awarded IdHIMA Distinguished Member Award - 2002
- IdHIMA Volunteer Positions Held:
- President, President Elect, Past President
- Advocacy Director (Legal Legislative)
- Director at Large
- Coding Roundtable Coordinator
- Nominating Committee
- Graduated 25 HIT classes and approximately 345 HIT graduates
One of my Favorite Professional Experiences….
The countenance of hope, excitement, and anticipation for the future seen on graduates. Overwhelming feeling of happiness when a new graduate visits with news of that first job and a whole new life ahead. These are two of my favorite experiences.
Remember, sometimes you just have to get on that Harley and ride! Have confidence in yourself and let the sky be the limit.
Wade E. Lowry, BS, RHIT
Clinical Coordinator / Clinical Assistant Professor
Office: Owen-Redfield Complex 320
Professional Work Experience:
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) – 19 Years
- Advanced Instructor and Clinical Coordinator , College of Technology HIT Program – 11 Years
- Retired USAF/USAFR Master Sergeant – 20 Years
- Physician Office Business Manager, Patient Accounts Coordinator, and Acute Care Health Information Operations Manager – 8 Years
- 2004 Senior NCO of the Year, 419th Medical Squadron, Hill AFB, UT
- 2009-2012, Presidential Tier of the Idaho Health Information Management Association and member of the House of Delegates of the American Health Information Management Association
- 2013 named the Idaho Health Information Management Association’s Distinguished Member
- Mentoring up to 20 students per year in clinical practice experiences
One of My Favorite Professional Experiences:
My favorite professional experiences center around the opportunities I have had to help recognize HIT students and HIT clinical professionals for their outstanding work in education, and in the Health Information Field. It was most gratifying to see one of our students awarded a Distinguished Student Scholarship in 2017. It has been a pleasure to see students receive recognition, on a state and national level, with scholarship awards from the Idaho Health Information Management Association and the American Health Information Management Association. Finally, two of our treasured affiliated clinical sites have been recognized as Outstanding Community Partners by the ISU College of Technology: the Health Information Management Department at Bingham Memorial and the Health Information Management Department at Portneuf Medical Center (shown in my profile picture). Being able to recognize such deserving people and organizations is truly my reward as an instructor.
From Left to Right: Glenna Young, HIT Program Coordinator, John Abreu, CFO at Portneuf Medical Center Madonna Coorough, Director of HIM at Portneuf Medical Center, Wade Lowry, HIT Clinical Coordinator