IEI Application Information
You can start your IEI application by creating an account here:
Instructions to Complete the IEI Application
You can download these instructions with screenshot examples here: IEI-AppInstructions, or follow the instructions listed below.
- If you plan to complete the application on behalf of a friend or family member, make sure that you create the account in his or her name.
- After you log in, you can click "Apply Online" at the top of the page.
- Click on "Start a new Undergraduate Application" and fill out the "Online Application" form.
- Click "Submit" and fill out the rest of the application.
- You will notice that there are several sections listed at the top of each page.
- All of those sections must be filled out completely.
- You can click on "Save and Continue" at the bottom of the page to move to the next section, or click on "Save Application" if you want to finish the application later.
- On the Certification and Signature page, make sure you select "Intensive English Student" from the menu for Application Payment Options. You will receive instructions for paying the discounted IEI fee.
- To finish, you must provide a signature and click "Submit Application" at the end.
After the application is successfully submitted, you will receive a confirmation email from ISU's Admissions office with further instructions for submitting the required documents. Everything may be submitted by email to email@example.com. These are the required documents:
- Copy of ID
- Copy of high school certificate or transcripts that show graduation
- Declaration and Certification of Financial Support (https://www.isu.edu/media/libraries/ipo/pdf/DFS_IEI.pdf)
- Bank documents to support the information in the Declaration and Certification of Financial Support
- Verification form (https://www.isu.edu/ipo/forms/verify/)
Applicants must also create an E-Ship Global account at https://study.eshipglobal.com/ to pay for shipment of their I-20. Instructions can be found at https://www.isu.edu/media/libraries/ipo/pdf/E-Ship-Registration-Request.pdf.