Skip to Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Are members of any federally recognized tribe eligible for this Tuition Fee?
No. Currently, only members of Idaho’s Five Tribes are eligible. Those Tribes are:
Coeur d’Alene, Kootenai, Nez Perce, Shoshone-Bannock, and Shoshone-Paiute

Do I have to provide documentation of membership?
Yes. You must provide a copy of your tribal membership.

Will I automatically be enrolled for this reduced Tuition Fee if I am a member of one of Idaho’s five American Indian Tribes?
No. You must complete an Application for the American Indian Tuition Fee.

Once I have completed the application for the tuition fee, must I complete the application each semester/year?
No, you do not need to complete the Application for the American Indian Tuition Fee each semester, provided you are continuously enrolled and remain in good academic standing.

What does it mean to be continuously enrolled?
You must enroll in one-credit or more in fall and spring semesters each year. If you do not enroll each year in both semesters, you would no longer be considered continuously enrolled.

Can I complete the Application for the America Indian Tuition Fee at any time?
To be eligible, you must have the Application for the American Indian Tuition Fee completed and approved no later than the 10th day in the semester in which you’re applying.

Can I be enrolled part-time?
You may be enrolled part-time or full-time. You cannot be non-degree-seeking, and you must be continuously enrolled in one credit or more to be eligible.

What does eligible to enroll mean?
Students who are eligible to register as a degree-seeking student, (i.e. not dismissed and not non-degree seeking), are eligible for the Tuition Reduction.

When do I need to complete the FAFSA? 
You must complete and submit the FAFSA each academic year you are requesting this tuition fee.


Contact Us

(208) 282-3382

Rendezvous Center Room 320

Lethaniel Loley
Native American Student Services


921 South 8th Avenue
Pocatello, Idaho, 83209
(208) 282-4636

Discover opportunity at Idaho State University