Reduced Fee Options
- Senior citizens: Individuals age 60 or over before the semester starts, pay $20.00 per semester plus $5.00 per credit hour in place of basic registration fees listed above. They also pay any class fees or professional fees associated with their program or class selection. This rate does not apply to workshop courses 4498P or 5598P, which are charged at $55.00 per credit undergrad or graduate plus class fees.
- Employees or spouses of employees qualifying for educational benefits (Employee and Spouse Tuition Reduction Benefit): Students qualified under the employee/spouse benefit programs pay $20.00 per semester plus $5.00 per credit hour in place of basic registration fees listed above. They also pay any class fees or professional fees associated with their program or class selection. Graduate employees are taxed on fee reduction benefits exceeding IRS limits, and employees are taxed on their spouse's graduate fee reduction benefits. This rate also does not apply to 4498P or 5598P courses. Employees (but not spouses) of other higher education institutions or of agencies under the jurisdiction of the SBOE are eligible for this benefit subject to the same provisions and, interpretations as ISU employees, except that they are limited to six credit hours per semester and three credit hours per summer session at the reduced rate.
- Dependent children of qualifying employees: The ISU Employee Dependent Child Tuition Reduction benefit provides for a 50 percent reduction of resident (in-state) student tuition and general fees (full-time fee or credit-hour fee) for dependent children of eligible ISU employees. Full benefit details and related forms are available in the Office of Human Resources or online at the educational benefits (Employee Dependent Child Tuition Reduction Benefit and Form) page.
- Professional Development workshops: 4497/5597 classes set up as professional development workshops have special rates for those qualifying for educational in-service ($55.00 per credit plus class fees) or supervising teacher provisions of the Teacher Education Program ($20.00 per semester plus $5.00 per credit plus class fees). 4497/5597 workshop rates are limited to specific classes and students qualified by employment in Idaho school districts.
- American Indian Tuition Fee Program: Students eligible for this program can find the application here (Application for Idaho State University Native American Scholarship). A detailed breakdown of tuition and fee structure is also available for the students to view here (Native American Tuition and Fee Breakdown).