Our hours are 7:30 am-5:30 pm during fall and spring semesters and 7:00 am-5:00 pm during summer semester.
We Care About Children
The Early Learning Center (ELC) seeks to support ISU students in their pursuit of higher education by providing quality child care for their children as well as for those of faculty, staff, and community members. We offer a program that promotes the well being of children from six weeks through 5th grade by setting and maintaining high standards for employees and for environments that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of children.
The programs and policies of the ELC have been designed to accomplish the following objectives:
- To provide a safe and nurturing environment for all children in our care
- To create a stimulating learning atmosphere with activities that enhance each child’s development
- To provide multi-cultural learning environments which reflect a respect for individual differences
- To create a positive and mutually-supportive working relationship with families of the children
- To encourage and promote a self-directed, cohesive staff who work well together and continually develop their skills and knowledge
All ELC employees are licensed by the City of Pocatello, which requires that they have a criminal background check, be certified in First Aid/CPR, are enrolled in the IdahoSTARS Professional Development System and receive on=going, annual training.
The ELC is privileged to be a training site for ISU students enrolled in the College of Technology’s Early Childhood Care and Education Program.
As an extension of our family, we believe it is a privilege to share a part of your child’s life. We invite you to participate in the program at all levels. Parents are always a welcome addition in the classroom, on the playground and during field trips.