Handshake for Employers
The ISU Career Center utilizes Handshake to post jobs, register for career fairs, and coordinate interview schedules. A good job description which clearly communicates the job duties and qualifications is essential to getting good applicants. Please visit our Job Description page if you need help creating a job Description.
You will need to create a Handshake account and connect with ISU to post jobs and network with students through Handshake. Please see the instructions below for creating a Handshake account and connecting with ISU.
- Visit Handshake to register for a free account
- Click on “Sign up ” in the upper right-hand side
- Follow the instructions
For clearer identification and security purposes, the email domain you register with should match your official organization.
- Go to “Schools” in the navigation bar on the left
- Choose the “ + Add More Schools” button above your list of schools
- Search "Idaho State University"
- Once you locate our university, click " + " to request approval
Requests will be in a pending status until the Career Center approves information. Employers are notified of approval via email, and are then able to post jobs and register for career fairs.
- Log in to Handshake
- Click "Job" in the left-hand navigation bar
- Click "Create Job" in the upper-right-hand corner
- Complete the process through Basics, Details, Description, Schools and Requirements.
- Click "Create" to submit.
Submitted jobs are in a pending status until the Career Center reviews information. Employers will be notified of approval status.
ISU Career Center will no longer post domestic employment positions (e.g. nannies/babysitters, care givers, private tutors, housekeepers, drivers, gardeners, etc.). To staff domestic positions, please refer to services such as Care.com or Craigslist. (Please note that, as a matter of course, we refer ISU students who are interested in domestic employment positions to the websites noted above.)
Idaho State University employment resources are provided free of charge to employers and to student job seekers. All hiring and compensation for work performed by student employees is handled directly between the student and the employer. Background checks on students applying for jobs may be required depending on the type of work a student is seeking. Employers and students are encouraged to request reference information from each other as needed to establish qualifications, credentials and the fit between the employer and the student applicant.
All job listings are posted at the discretion of Idaho State University.