Career Path Internship (CPI) Program
Off Campus Employers
Procedure to request an off-campus CPI Intern:
- Read and review the CPI guidelines.
- Complete the Off Campus CPI Application.
- Watch for correspondence from the CPI office regarding the application.
- If funding is available, the off-campus organization can post the position on Handshake (contact the Career Center) or select a student through their own recruiting process. The student must be majoring/minoring in the college that is funding the position
- Select student and instruct them to contact the related college/department to start the required paperwork.
- Wait to receive approval email from the CPI Office confirming the internship’s start date.
- Ensure time cards are signed off by the off-campus supervisor and submitted to the ISU supervisor on a biweekly basis. Student interns may only work up to 20 hours per week.
- Communicate with the ISU supervisor on a regular basis to ensure high-quality internship opportunities.