Misty Hymas MSN, RN
Director of Nursing Programs at College of Technology
Professional Work Experience
- Licensed Practical Nurse, Bear Lake Memorial Hospital and Skilled Nursing Facility- Montpelier, Idaho
- Licensed Practical Nurse, Caribou Memorial Hospital- Soda Springs, Idaho
- Registered Nurse, Bear Lake Memorial Hospital and Skilled Nursing Facility- Montpelier, Idaho
- Past instructor for Certified Nursing Assistant, Assistance with Medications, and CPR
- Instructor for 7 years, at Bear Lake Memorial Hospital, for the LPN outreach program. Graduated 25 students, whom all successfully passed NCLEX boards on first attempt. Being very instrumental in bringing the program back to this small rural hospital has been a huge success for “growing their own”.
- Minimum Data Set RAC-CT certified for 10 years.
One of My Favorite Professional Experiences
This is super hard for me. It is hard to pick one of my favorite experiences professionally when I have seen the miracle of life as a new baby is born or watching a heart attack survivor hug his loved ones after a successful resuscitation. All nurses could name many emotional experiences, such as seeing an elderly couple holding hands walking down the hall together. Or the past director of nursing, that has now entered the nursing home as a patient, tell you that you are a complete idiot for doing her bed bath different from her days on the floor then becoming great friends with her. But, I would have to say there has been nothing better than watching my two daughters enter into the nursing profession and being one of their instructors. I got to watch them grow as they gained knowledge. I got to see the success as they received their nursing pins, and knew truly how hard they both had worked to get there. My favorite professional experience happens over and over every year as I watch the students I taught walk up on stage to receive their nursing pin. I get to help teach compassion and caring future nurses, what could be better than that!