Lance Howell MSN, RN
Clinical Assistant Professor ADRN Program Human Simulation Instructor
Office: COT Building 46 Office #114
Professional Work Experience
- Registered Nurse – 19 years
- Certified Nurse Executive in Management/Leadership
- Basic Life Support Provider
- Trauma Nursing Core Course Instructor
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course Provider
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider
- Neonatal Resuscitation Provider
- Idaho State College of Technology Nursing Programs Instructor- 2 years
- 15+ Years working in Emergency and Trauma departments in Idaho and Utah
- 15+ years working in Emergency and Trauma Management
- Appointed Chief Nursing Officer at Portneuf Medical Center (2013-2015)
- Awarded Emergency Nurse Association Director of the Year in 2011
- Appointed as Emergency Department Director to oversee 2 new Emergency and Trauma openings in Texas 2012-2013
One of my Favorite Professional Experiences…
During my professional career my favorite experience was the appointment of Emergency Department Director to oversee 2 new facilities open in Texas. This was a busy time to juggle between my Director position here in Idaho and to also oversee the development in Texas, it required much travel and time away from family. I learned so much from this experience and know it was a time to grow and learn about different communities and healthcare in different parts of the country.
As an instructor I find this to be the most gratifying position in which I have worked. Every day I enjoy coming to teach and learn from the students. I learn from them and continue to want to improve my teaching skills. I want to be the instructor that continues to work in the industry and keeps up to date with skills and changes in healthcare. I currently work in Emergency Departments and love sharing my experiences with students, we are all continually learning from each other.
A little about me….
I have an amazing wife and 7 awesome children age range between 7 to 27. We enjoy going on family trips and experiencing history (I am the history geek that stops at every point of interest, it drives the kids nuts). We love Idaho and find new places to visit any chance we get. I enjoy reading or watching anything that has to do with the Revolutionary War, Civil War and WWII. I am also a die-hard Kansas City Chiefs fan, although they break my heart year after year I am still loyal to the Chiefs Kingdom.