Call for proposals: Cultural Events Committee
September 8, 2020
The Cultural Events Committee invites all ISU faculty members to submit an application for funding to serve any ISU community.
An ISU faculty member is any person who holds faculty status at the time of the submission. An ISU community includes any of the ISU campuses, surrounding communities, or an online event that is accessible to campus(es) and surrounding communities.
If you are planning a cultural event to take place anytime during the 2020-21 fiscal year (July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021), please submit your application to the committee chair, Mona Xu (email@example.com), by Wednesday, Sept. 30.
The committee understands “cultural event” to mean any event that celebrates human creativity or human experience, with particular attention to human diversity and its relevance, from the perspectives of the arts, the humanities, or those aspects of the social sciences, the sciences, and technology which have artistic or humanistic content and employ artistic or humanistic methods.
In addition to the information and the application form found on the committee’s website, we offer the following information:
• The committee has a total of $7,000 in funds to distribute for this fiscal year.
• Proposals will be prioritized according to these criteria:
• Evidence of cost-sharing
• Evidence of concrete plans for student engagement
• Evidence of concrete plans for community engagement
• All funding offers are contingent on the availability of funds.
• We encourage applications that address diversity and social justice.
• Successful applicants/events may be added to our website.