The mission of Institutional Research (IR) is to advance Idaho State University's four core themes of Learning and Discovery, Access and Opportunity, Leadership in the Health Sciences, and Community Engagement and Impact by providing comprehensive information to support:
- program review and assessment
- institutional planning
- policy formation
- efficiency and effectiveness in the use of institutional resources
- federal and state reporting
- a wide range of internal and external requests for information about the campus
State, Federal and National Links
State of Idaho Board of Education
Idaho Department of Commerce
Idaho Department of Labor
Northwest Commission of Colleges and Universities
The Association for Institutional Research (AIR)
Population Association of America
National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
American Association of University Professors (AAUP)
American Council for Education (ACE)
The Carnegie Foundation
The American Evaluation Association (AEA)
American Educational Research Association
College and University Professional Association for Human Resources (CUPA)
Society for College and University Planning (SCUP)
Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU)
Bureau of Labor Statistics
U.S. Census Bureau
Department of Labor (DOL)
- Pew Research datasets from the Pew Research Center
- FEDSTATS Links to federal agencies that produce statistical information.
- Statistical Abstracts of the United States (U.S. Census Bureau)
- NationMaster A central location that allows its users to compare countries on numerous statistics and to express the comparisons graphically.
- National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS)
- StateMaster A central location that allows its users to compare U.S. states on numerous statistics and to express the comparisons graphically.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States Authoritative and comprehensive summary of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States.
- State and County Quick Facts (U.S. Census Bureau) Authoritative data answering frequently asked questions on People, Business, and Geography.
- U.S. Government Statistics Resources (University of Michigan)