Information Technology Instructor
Office: Trade & Technology Building
Professional Work Experience
- Apprentice, Ministry of Defence – 4 years
- Customer Support, Hewlett-Packard – 15 years
- Consultant, Microsoft Corporation – 14 years
- Instructor, College of Technology ITS Program – 2 years
- Paratrooper, Army Reserve (UK)
- Customer Engineer, UK/Canada/USA, Hewlett-Packard
- Technology Evangelist, Microsoft Corporation
- Instructor, ISU’s Information Technology Program
One of Your Favorite Professional Experiences
Working for Microsoft and Hewlett-Packard provided me with an amazing opportunity for travel and technology, including working in four countries: UK, US, Canada and Germany. In my last job at Microsoft, my team delivered seminars and product launch events nationwide, including events like the Windows 7 and Windows Server launches. These were delivered in large cities with audiences of over 1,000, which was both exhilarating and nerve racking at the same time.
As much as possible I would take advantage of the locations we visited and indulge in my hobbies of snow skiing or scuba diving. Failing either of those being available, as a foodie, I would take advantage of the trying out the local cuisines.