Saryu Sharma, Ph.D.
Office: SPA Building 68, Room 308A
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Communication Sciences and Disorders, 2021, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC
- Master of Science (M.S.) in Speech-Language Pathology, 2014, All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysore, India
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, 2011, Bangalore University, Bengaluru, India
- Nature and treatment of adult neurogenic disorders (e.g., aphasia; right hemisphere damage)
- Intensive service delivery models for rehabilitation
Research Lab Description:
My research is primarily focused on studying language and cognition in adult neurogenic disorders. In my research lab, we are studying the relationship between cognitive functioning and sentence and discourse processing in adults with aphasia using eye tracking. We are also investigating discourse production deficits in adult neurogenic disorders (e.g. people with aphasia, Parkinson's disease).
Hobbies: Pilates, traveling, cooking, music and dancing