Clearly and effectively exchange information, ideas, facts, and perspectives with persons inside and outside of an organization.
- Understand the importance of and demonstrate verbal, written, and non-verbal/body language, abilities.
- Employ active listening, persuasion, and influencing skills.
- Communicate in a clear and organized manner so that others can effectively understand.
- Frame communication with respect to diversity of learning styles, varied individual communication abilities, and cultural differences.
- Ask appropriate questions for specific information from supervisors, specialists, and others.
- Promptly inform relevant others when needing guidance with assigned tasks.
Suggestions to improve Communication skills
Participate in class discussions & debates.
Proofread your papers to avoid errors.
Take writing & speech or public speaking classes.
Take a leadership role in a club or organization.
Sign up for a mock interview at the Career Center.
Participate in an internship that emphasizes oral or written communication.
For more ideas on how to become Career Ready contact the Career Center at (208) 282-2380. For a complete list of all 8 Career Competencies please visit the NACE website.