Our strategic plan marks the start of a new era at Idaho State University. This exciting step forward is the result of a collaborative and inclusive process to make our great University even better.
We engage students through learning and research opportunities that improve the intellectual vigor, cultural vitality, and health of our communities.
We inspire a passion for knowledge and discovery.
Honesty in our actions and words
Valuing all and building a culture of belonging
Collaborating with compassion and respect
All contributing to our success
Continuous growth and development
Goal 1: Increase Student Access, Opportunity, Retention, and Success
We build a diverse and thriving student population by providing all students with the tools, opportunities, and environment to support their goals, learning, and achievement.
- Increase access and enrollment using targeted recruitment efforts
- Improve student retention by strengthening students’ ISU experience
- Improve ISU’s graduation rate
Goal 2: Strengthen Programmatic Excellence
Programmatic excellence is at the core of student achievement. The University continually evolves to meet workforce demands and recruit, retain, and support highly qualified faculty and staff. We allocate resources to strengthen programs and opportunities focused on student achievement and success.
- Attract, support, and retain outstanding faculty and staff
- Enhance ISU’s infrastructure
- Increase the number of nationally recognized programs
- Align ISU’s programs with community, regional, and national needs
Goal 3: Cultivate External Partnerships
We contribute to the betterment of all communities through strong collaborations and partnerships. The University will continue to foster existing beneficial partnerships and build new associations that advance Idaho State’s mission.
- Increase the number of relationships with corporate, non-profit, and government entities.
- Maximize the impact of new and existing relationships partnerships to support ISU’s mission
- Expand collaborations with K-12 and post-secondary educational institutions
Goal 4: Expand Research, Clinical, and Creative Activities
We change lives for the better by expanding our research, clinical, and creative activities. We focus on increasing human knowledge, serving the needs of society, and supporting artistic ventures.
- Enhance faculty’s ability to initiate research and innovative projects
- Increase productivity in research, scholarly, and creative activities
- Engage students in Interprofessional Educational and/or clinical research
- Enhance ISU student research, clinical, and creative opportunities
Goal 5: Energize the Bengal Community
We engage and build strong relationships with all members of the Bengal Community to achieve academic success and innovation, advance learning and research, and enhance lives. The Bengal Community includes students, faculty, staff, alumni, community members, friends, and partners who engage with the University and support its success.
- Enhance student life and engagement
- Increase faculty and staff connection, engagement, and recognition
- Increase alumni connections to and participation with ISU
- Increase ISU’s impact on its communities