Looking for a new Job? Discover The Career Center
September 1, 2021
Are you interested in a part-time job or internship? Still looking for a job or internship that will suit your needs? Try the Career Center!
The Career Center will help you get set up for success. They provide free services, such as free career counseling, resume reviews, mock interviews that will help you develop interview skills, and informational sessions. The Career Center is built to help you establish a firm foundation for your career while you are discovering job opportunities on and off-campus.
Getting connected to the opportunities couldn’t be easier using the app Handshake (free for all ISU students). Simply upload your photo and resume and start receiving notifications for job opportunities on and off campus.
As you start exploring these opportunities, consider on-campus work. Working on campus provides some quality experience while helping you maintain balance with school. On-campus work in a professional but caring environment provides the following benefits:
- Flexibility - because campus employers prioritize education, campus jobs typically work around class schedules.
- Convenience - students can work between classes, and their jobs are only a short walk away.
- Real-world experience - campus jobs build confidence and skills necessary for success on and off campus.
- Money - campus jobs provide money for college expenses while still supporting students’ educational needs.
- Time Management - campus jobs help students learn to balance academic and work obligations.
- Networking - campus jobs help students form connections with members of university departments who may also become professional resources for future contacts and recommendations.
If you decide against on-campus work, the Career Center is a great resource. They provide information and networking as well as free informational sessions throughout the year. The Career Center will help you find the best job fit and improve your resume to land it! If you need a bit of extra help finding an internship, they are happy to assist, but first check out the CPI internship list. You can also contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on those open internships and to apply.
For more information and career updates, follow the Career Center on their social media.
Facebook Idaho State University Career Center
Linkedin Idaho State University Career Center