'Science of Science Writing' panel discussion set Feb. 27 at Center for Advanced Energy Studies
February 4, 2020
The Center for Advanced Energy Studies CAES will host a panel discussion on journal writing from 10 to 11:30 a.m. on Feb. 27 in the CAES Auditorium.
"The Science of Science Writing: Effectively Communicating Through Journal Publications" will be held in the CAES Auditorium and is intended to provide students and early career researchers, faculty, scientists, and engineers with baseline knowledge about submitting journal articles, which will help INL and the CAES universities elevate the quality and caliber of their research, thereby optimizing its impact. The goal is to introduce young researchers, faculty and students to the principles and effective tactics for developing and submitting a publication that has high likelihood of being accepted.
Topics will range from ethics to references, available resources to traceability. Seating is limited. Go here to register: https://
- Dr. Lyle Castle, Idaho State University's Vice Provost for Academic Outreach and Dean for Idaho Falls
- Leslie Ovard, Bioenergy Specialist at INL
- Dr. David Petti, Laboratory Fellow Emeritus at INL
- Dr. Allison Ray, Research Excellence Lead for Science and Technology and Senior Research Scientist in Energy and Environmental Science and Technology Directorate at INL
- Dr. Haiyan Zhao, Assistant Professor in University of Idaho's Chemical and Materials Engineering Department