College of Business Dean Shares Support of United Way
November 9, 2020
Shane Hunt, Dean of the College of Business, shares this message about the ISU United Way Campaign:
“As someone who is new to Pocatello and who feels incredibly blessed to be here, I love supporting the United Way of Southeastern Idaho and the great work they are doing in our community. I have been involved with the United Way as a volunteer, Board member, and donor for the past decade and I have seen first hand the incredible impact United Way has on people where I live. By giving to the United Way, my donation supports a wide variety of programs throughout our region. From programs and nutritional assistance for seniors and veterans to help and advocacy for abused and abandoned children, every dollar you give is going to make the life of someone in our community better. One of my favorite UWSEI (United Way of Southeastern Idaho) funded programs is the Backpack program. I will never forget the day an elementary school principal who was a friend of mine mentioned in passing that her students were dreading the weekend. I stopped and asked why and she said that while most of her students received free and reduced breakfast and lunch at school, on the weekend they did not have enough to eat. I am so happy that part of my donation to the United Way makes it possible that every Friday, each participating child in our region receives a backpack with enough food for two breakfasts, two lunches and two dinners consisting of nutritious, child friendly food. As a father and a proud member of the Idaho State University family, I encourage each of you to consider giving to the United Way of Southeastern Idaho campaign this year and helping to positively change the lives of those most in need throughout our community.”
Ways to Donate:
- To donate through payroll deduction please use this link to electronically complete your form through DocuSign. Upon completion, a copy will go to HR, Payroll, United Way and you (the donor).
- If you wish to donate by cash or check, please download and print the donation form through this link. Please do not send cash/checks through campus mail. Deliver the form and your donation to:
- Pocatello, Human Resources department, Administration Building, Room 312
- Idaho Falls, Karen Larsen in the Bennion Student Union
- Meridian, Front Office
- ISU Facilities is selling their famous ISU Calendars for 1 for $10, or 2 or more for $9 each. For more information on the calendars, contact Kim Wright at email@example.com. Pre-order before Nov. 20 with this link.
We support all of our employees and your personal choices in charitable giving. The annual United Way Campaign is one optional pathway for you to make a contribution to your charity of preference, but you are under no obligation to do so.
*Because of corporate sponsorships, 100% of every dollar donated goes directly to the area programs the United Way supports. You can also designate your funds to any 501(C)3 organization under the Tax-Exempt Charitable Organization section of the form.
*If you wish to give to an ISU department, on your donation form under the Tax-Exempt Charitable Organization section, write ISU Foundation - then the specific department you wish to support. For example: ISU Foundation - ISU Meridian Scholarship Fund, ISU Veteran's Sanctuary or ISU Benny's Pantry.
Visit our ISU United Way website for more information. Questions or comments on the ISU United Way Campaign can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.