Student Teaching Criteria for Teaching Internship
- Admission to a teacher education program.
- Completion of all program requirements unless specifically approved by petition
- Completion of at least 67% of the professional education core credits required by ISU
- 2.75 grade point average overall including all transfer credits from a previous degree program.
- 2.75 grade point average in the professional education core (see detailed description)
- 2.5 or higher grade point average in all courses in Required Education Courses for the degree.
- 2.50 grade point average in the teaching major and minor (secondary) or emphasis area (elementary) including all transfer credits or credits earned in a previous degree program.
- Grade of "C" [2.0] or higher in ENGL 1102 (Critical Reading and Writing) or approved equivalent.
- Successful completion of Praxis II Content Test(s) in areas recommended for certification before graduation.
- For elementary education, special education, and early childhood education candidates, applicants must demonstrate successful completion of at least two of the three standards tests of the Idaho Comprehensive Literacy Assessment before graduation..
For more specific information concerning Student Teaching, please contact:
Office Of Field Experience
Phone: (208) 282-3220
Administrative Assistant I