Campus buildings that are no more
As the university grew, some buildings were demolished to make way for newer, more functional buildings.
Men's dormitory named for John W. Faris, the first Principal of the Academy of Idaho.
Named after Theodore Swanson, one of the members of the Board of Trustees for the Academy. Swanson Hall had classrooms, administrative offices, and the original library.
The Dining Hall was fondly nicknamed the “Beanery”.
Engineering classes were held in the building and, early on, autombile and farm machinery classes.
Women's dormitory named after Theodore F. Turner, the “father of Idaho State University”.
Originally, the infirmary served as the home of the Principal (President). It became the infirmary in the late 1920s.
Named after Miles F. Reed, Academy Principal from 1907-1918. Reed Hall was devoted to physical education and intercollegiate athletics. It had a spectator seating capacity of less than 1,000.
This building had only one use - a residence hall for men.
Science Hall was originally occupied by the College of Pharmacy and departments of Chemistry, Zoology, Bacteriology, and Botany.