ISU Health Fair
"Providing evidence-based health education and information, activities and demonstrations, and screenings to promote awareness of healthy lifestyle habits and disease prevention among the participants to empower people to live healthier lives."
The 2021 Idaho State University (ISU) Health Fair is currently on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Updated information will be posted when it is available. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
The 2020 ISU Pond Student Union Ballroom was on March 5, 2020, from 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
The event showcased ISU's Kasiska Division of Health Sciences (KDHS) clinics. KDHS faculty and students offered these free health screening services:
- Blood pressure, pulse, and height and weight assessment by ISU Nursing faculty and students
- Depression and anxiety screening by the ISU Psychology Clinic faculty and students
- Fall risk screening by ISU Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy faculty and students
- Foot assessment and care by ISU Nursing faculty and students
- Hearing screening by ISU Audiology faculty and students
- Laboratory services provided by Portneuf Medical Center and ISU Medical Lab Sciences faculty and students
- Medication review and evaluation by ISU Pharmacy faculty and students
- Oral health screening by ISU Dental Hygiene students
- Traumatic brain injury screening by ISU Counseling Clinic faculty and students
After visiting the screening stations, attendees were able to talk with a "health action plan" team:
- ISU Dietetic faculty and students to answer nutrition and lifestyle questions
- ISU Clinic, KDHS faculty and students, and Health West - ISU care coordinators to review screening results and provide recommendations for follow-up appointments
Food demonstrations were offered throughout the day by ISU Nutrition and Dietetic students:
- 9:00 a.m.: Smoothies
- 10:30 a.m.: Energy bites
- 12 p.m.: Heart-healthy and diabetes-friendly lunch sampler - soup and salad
- 1:30 p.m.: Easy salsa with tortilla chips
- 3:00 p.m.: Veggies with hummus or Greek yogurt dip
As always, the 2020 Idaho State Univeristy Health Fair included educational booths and displays from Idaho State University programs and community businesses.
Event parking was free in the Pond Student Union parking lot during the time of the Idaho State University Health Fair. Additionally, a free shuttle service was available from the Holt Arena to the Pond Student Union to allow for additional parking.
2020 ISU HEALTH FAIR SPONSORS
FOOD DEMO SPONSORS
Operation Heart & Operation Diabetes
Nel's Bi-Lo Market
Discounted Laboratory Services
- HDL, LDL, and VLDL cholesterol tests
- Triglycerides test
- Blood glucose (sugar) test
- Liver, kidney, muscle, and heart function tests
- Complete blood count
- Thyroid stimulating hormone test
Blood draws are available all day during the 2020 Idaho State University Health Fair.
For more information about the 2020 Idaho State University Health Fair, please contact Carol Kirkpatrick, PhD, RDN, Health Fair Planning Committe Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.