ISU Health Fair
ISU Student Union Building March 7, 2019 | 7:00am – 7:00pm
The event will take place from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the ISU Pond Student Union and will showcase ISU’s Kasiska Division of Health Sciences (KDHS) clinics. KDHS faculty and students will offer free health screening services, including blood pressure screenings, point-of-service diabetes screening tests (blood glucose [sugar] and A1c), foot exams, dental screenings, hearing screenings, and medication reviews. The general ISU Health Fair will offer learning centers, educational booths, and displays from ISU programs and community businesses.
Services available at the KDHS Clinics health-screening event:
- Balance testing by ISU Physical Therapy faculty and students
- Blood pressure, pulse, and height and weight completed by ISU Nursing faculty and students
- Dental screenings completed by ISU Dental Hygiene students
- Foot assessment and care provided by ISU Nursing faculty and students
- Hearing screening completed by ISU Audiology faculty and students
- Medication review and evaluation provided by ISU Pharmacy faculty and students
- Nutrition education and information provided by ISU Dietetic faculty and students
- Laboratory services provided by ISU Medical Lab Sciences students
For more information about the 2019 ISU Health Fair, contact Carol Kirkpatrick, PhD, RDN, Health Fair Planning Committe Chair email@example.com or (208) 282-3559.
Discounted Laboratory Services through ISU Bengal Lab
HDL, LDL, and VDL cholesterol test
Blood glucose (sugar) test
Liver, kidney, muscle, and heart function tests
Complete blood count
Thyroid stimulating hormone test
Other blood screening tests are available, and members of the community can either have their blood drawn at the ISU Health Fair or make an appointment with the Bengal Lab for blood draws. Participants do not need to be fasting to have their blood drawn.
Pre-Health Fair blood draws are available February 1, 2019, through March 6, 2019.
Results for blood work drawn by March 1 will be available for pick-up and review at the 2019 ISU Health Fair and can be reviewed with a KDHS faculty or student.
Post-Health Fair blood draws are available March 8, through March 29, 2019.
The Bengal Lab is located in Leonard Hall Room 161 in the College of Pharmacy (Building #8), which is near the south end of the ISU Hutchinson Quadrangle.
Parking is available in the ISU general parking lot. Signs will say “Bengal Lab Parking Only” during February.
The Bengal Lab is open from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday or by appointment by calling (208) 251-6260.