Sports Club Council Meetings:
The first sport club council meeting of the school year is currently being planned. Stay tuned for date and time to be posted on the News page.
Important discussions at this meeting will include:
- Participation in the Sport Clubs Program
- Update the Council on individual Sport Club activities, e.g., scheduling of new activities, results of competitions and fundraisers
- Assist in the development of Sport Clubs policy
- Make recommendations, offer advice, and assist in the decision-making process in other matters when requested
- Keep the Department of Campus Recreation informed about Sport Club activities
- Provide a medium for the exchange of information regarding Sport Clubs activities, policies, and procedures
- Provide members to serve on various committees
- Distribute funds to the individual Sport Clubs
Each Sport Club is required to have one representative to the Sport Clubs Council. This member must be a current active student Sport Club member. Each member is entitled to one vote and must be present to vote. Coaches, advisors, Sport Club officers and representatives may attend the Council meetings; however, they will not be voting members.
The Sport Clubs Council will meet once a month during the academic school year. If the representative is not able to attend a meeting, they must arrange for a substitute and notify the Assistant Director 24 hours prior to the meeting.
In addition to Sport Clubs Representatives, one to two Senators from ASISU will serve as non-voting members of the Council. These Senators will serve as liaisons between the Council and ASISU and seek to serve the best interests of the students.
The constitution governing the Sport Clubs Council is available in appendix A of the Sport Clubs manual. The constitution is a dynamic document that can change throughout the academic year.