Idaho State University Army ROTC
Home of the Bengal Detachment
The Idaho State University Army ROTC and Veteran Student Services Center cordially invite you to the 2017 Southeast Idaho Military Ball.
Friday, April 28, 7 pm - 11 pm.
The Reserve Officers’ Training Corps’ “Bengal Detachment” at Idaho State University and partnership schools have made a significant contribution to the nation. A large number of dedicated officers have served their country with distinction. Many of the officers have chosen military services for their careers.
This program continues to train outstanding young men and women to serve their country as officers and leaders in their community, subsequent professions, and in the United States Army. You will have a normal college student experience, but when you graduate, you will be an Officer in the U.S. Army with either a full-time or part-time job, guaranteed!
What is Army ROTC?
Army ROTC (Reserve Officers' Training Corps) offers opportunities and challenges that can put you on the fast track to success in life. You'll develop the confidence, self-esteem, motivation and leadership skills you'll need regardless of your career plans.
ROTC is an elective course that provides a combination of academics and important hands-on training. You'll be offered physical and mental challenges geared to help you succeed in college and beyond. You will learn teamwork and be given responsibilities like teaching younger cadets the same skills you have learned. In addition to our on-campus training, we offer instruction in adventure training like mountaineering, rappelling, and orienteering.
Where can ROTC take me?
- Active Duty Commission as a 2nd Lieutenant
- Reserve Commission as a 2nd Lieutenant
- National Guard Commission as a 2nd Lieutenant
- Minor in Leadership Studies
What do you do in ISU ROTC?
- Attend classes 1-3 times per week
- Attend physical training 1-3 times per week
- Help with projects (Football Games, Veteran's Day Parade, Blood Drive, Community Services), Attend Lab (3 hours) once every week and go to summer camp
What do you study in ISU ROTC?
- Basic Leadership Skills
- Basic Soldier Skills (navigation, riflery, military orientation)
- Confidence, Team Building
- Army History and Traditions
- How to Function Under Stress
(208) 282 - 4264
Department of Military Science/Army ROTC
921 S. 8th Ave, Stop 3185
Pocatello, ID 83209-8135