Idaho State University Phi Kappa Phi installs 35 new members
June 13, 2017
POCATELLO – The Idaho State University Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi installed 35 new members spring semester 2017.
Phi Kappa Phi Chapter110 is part of the nation’s oldest, most selective and most prestigious all-discipline honor society.
Standards for election to Phi Kappa Phi are extremely high. Membership is by invitation only to ISU’s top 7.5-percent of second-term juniors and the top 10-percent of seniors and graduate students from each college.
The Society is proud of its record of helping members advance their education and serve their community through various programs. Members are eligible for one or more of the society's grants and awards such as the Fellowship Program for Graduate Studies, Love of Learning and Literacy.
ISU Chapter 110 Phi Kappa Phi 2017 new inductees, and their hometowns, are:
- Ammon – Cole R. Anderson, junior, applied technology, electrical engineering; Megumi O. Harris, junior, biological sciences; Tara Krup, junior accounting
- Blackfoot – Caitlin A. Tripp, senior, anthropology
- Caldwell – Brooke M. Brown, junior, communication disorders
- Chubbuck – Natalie A. Malm, graduate, pharmacy
- Eagle – Karen C. Hamm, graduate, educational psychology
- Hazelton – Conny C. Nelson, junior, education
- Idaho Falls – Marisol Angeles, senior, social work; Mikayla R. Fox, junior, nursing; Khoa D. Le, senior, biomedical sciences, health studies; Hannalore E. Willumson, senior, anthropology
- Meridian – Jenna M. Strop, junior, speech pathology
- Pocatello faculty/staff – Jody Lynn Finnegan, associate director of the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarship; Gesine K. Hearn, associate professor, chair and graduate director, Department of Sociology, Social Work and Criminology
- Pocatello students – Kevin S. Bentley, junior, civil engineering; Jacob R. Bright, junior, robotics; Levi W. Bruner, junior, business management, Japanese; Hannah R. Collins, junior, nursing; Taher Deemyad, graduate, mechanical engineering; Adam E. Gault, graduate, nurse practitioner; Renee E. Gault, graduate, nurse practioner; Shu En Li, junior, biochemistry; Kalon Ludvigson, graduate, pharmacy; Megan Olsen, junior, psychology; Jeremy M. Solomon, senior, English; Amand L. Stubblefield, junior, dance; Alexis M. Zimmers, graduate, pharmacy
- Preston – Abbey Olsen, junior, nursing
- Rexburg – Christopher R. Chapman, graduate, pharmacy
- Twin Falls – Jeanie J. Cullip, senior, elementary education; Brianna Gibson, junior, education
Out of state:
- Edgemont, South Dakota – Tamara L. Tasseff, graduate, management, nursing
- Moreno, California – Rebecca D. Sieruga, junior, American sign language, audiology, communication disorders
- Warren, Pennsylvania – Daniel R. Loewenheim, junior, emergency management
ISU Chapter 110 Phi Kappa Phi officers are Rudy Kovacs, president; Elaine Smith, vice president; Sandi Shropshire, secretary; Ann Hunter, treasurer; Jennifer Stamper, senior, student vice president; and Levi W. Bruner, junior, student vice president.