Idaho State University and College of Western Idaho to launch Bengal Bound program for CWI transfer students
September 20, 2016
Guaranteed admission to Idaho State University after successfully completing an associate degree and application-fee waivers are two benefits of Bengal Bound, a new program designed to encourage Idaho community college students to continue their education at ISU.
ISU will launch the program Thursday, Sept. 29, 12:30-2:30 p.m., at the College of Western Idaho’s Academic Building, 5500 East Opportunity Drive, in Nampa. Faculty and staff will be on hand to share information about their programs with prospective CWI transfer students, said Dana Gaudet, ISU assistant director of recruitment and student services.
"ISU is so pleased with this new partnership and the opportunities it will create for Idaho's community college students hoping to pursue an advanced degree," she said, noting Bengal Bound should ease the transition process.
“We are thrilled about the opportunity to work with Idaho State University to expand transfer opportunities for CWI students. Our four-year partners have made a tremendous commitment to help make education beyond CWI a reality for more of our students,” said David Shellberg, CWI’s executive vice president of instruction and student services.
Bengal Bound benefits will apply to qualifying students from CWI, College of Southern Idaho and North Idaho College and include:
- Guaranteed admission to ISU with successful completion of an Associate of Science or Associate of Arts degree based on a 2.0 or higher cumulative G.P.A.
- Coordinated academic advising with ISU and community college advisors
- A dedicated ISU transfer admissions counselor for Idaho community college transfer students
- A seamless transfer, meaning all college-level credits will transfer through articulation agreements
- An application fee waiver
- Scholarship opportunities based on cumulative G.P.A.
Contact: Dana Gaudet, Assistant Director of Recruitment and Student Services, (208) 373-1798, firstname.lastname@example.org