Free flu shots and basic physical exams offered at ISU/Ada County Health Screening Dec. 8
November 29, 2016
Free flu shots, basic physical and dental exams, and onsite testing for blood sugar levels and cholesterol are included in free services offered at a community health screening Thursday, Dec. 8, 4-7 p.m., at the Idaho State University-Meridian Health Science Center, 1311 E. Central Drive in Meridian.
The screening is the third of six scheduled at various Treasure Valley locations through April for uninsured adults or those who have limited access to preventive health care. The Idaho Foodbank will provide free boxes of food for participants.
ISU faculty and student clinicians administer the services which include:
- Blood pressure checks, medication reviews and disease education
- Oral/dental health evaluation and education
- Depression and alcohol screenings and questionnaires
- On-site testing for blood sugar levels, cholesterol, HIV and hepatitis C
- Hearing and eye screenings
- Nutrition assessments and recommendations
- Health education
- Traumatic brain injury screenings
The Community Health Screening Program began in March 2010. Partners are ISU-Meridian, Ada County, Central District Health, the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, the Idaho Foodbank and Hispanic Cultural Center of Idaho.
The full screening process takes about 90 minutes and participants can check in any time between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. Patients in immediate need are given appointments at low-cost Treasure Valley clinics for additional care. For more information, call 373-1700 or email healthyU@isu.edu.