Zoom Updates for Summer Semester
April 8, 2021
ISU will be making improvements to our Zoom web conferencing system. Currently, our system has been restricted based on our HIPAA encryption agreement with Zoom. Zoom has updated their agreement with us to allow new and exciting options within our Zoom account while still providing a secure HIPAA encrypted environment.
With the changes, we will now be able to:
- Record to the Zoom Cloud (local recording will still be available)
- Generate detailed reports with participants’ names
- Enable automated live captioning during an event
- Search audio transcript for specific words or phrase
- Take advantage of expanded Chat options
These new features will not impact current uses of the Zoom web conferencing platform but instead provide new options. In addition, these new features will integrate seamlessly with the Zoom activity on Moodle ISU. The new features will become available for the Summer Semester. Information about the changes and a description of new features can be found in ISU’s Zoom Cloud Features article. If you have additional questions, please contact the ITRC.