Idaho State Alumnus Donates Books to Library
May 18, 2021
Award-winning author Jerry Borrowman donated 19 books to Idaho State University’s Eli M. Oboler Library.
Borrowman is a best-selling author of historical biographies, nonfiction, and fiction novels, see below for the full list of donated books. He has also seen success as a professional speaker, inspiring groups with the stories he has collected over the years.
On April 23, Borrowman gifted ISU’s Library with 19 of his books.
“Mr. Borrowman's books include both fiction and nonfiction—including some historical accounts—and are a welcome addition to the University Libraries collection,” said Sandra Shropshire, Dean of University Libraries. “We are happy to make them available for use and are grateful for his generosity.”
Borrowman's writing has garnered him a number of awards. His novel, “Compassionate Soldier,” achieved him first place from Foreword Reviews in 2019 for the “Military and War” category. Additionally, for his contributions to freedom, the Freedom’s Foundation at Valley Forge has awarded Borrowman the George Washington Gold Medal twice.
Borrowman graduated from Idaho State University with a Bachelor of Art degree in political science in 1976. He also has a master’s degree in financial services.
The books donated include:
- Catastrophes and Heroes: True Stories of Man-Made Disasters
- One Christmas Eve
- Life and Death at Hoover Dam
- Steamship to Zion
- Just One Last Chance: The Inspiring Story of Artie Call and the Most Amazing Fantastic Car in the World!
- Invisible Heroes of World War II: Extraordinary Wartime Stories of Ordinary People
- ‘Til the Boys Come Home
- Three Against Hitler: A Compelling True Story of Three LDS Teens’ Fight for Freedom (coauthored by Rudi Wobbe)
- Assault on Cambriol
- Have You Bought the Ticket?: Ideas to Inspire You to Achieve Your Ultimate Dreams! (coauthored by Carol Holm)
- How 4 Feet of Plywood Saved the Grand Canyon: And 7 Other Little-Known Inspiring True Stories from American History
- As Time Goes By: A World War II Novel-Battle of Britain
- Home Again at Last
- A Distant Prayer: Miracles of the 49th Combat Mission (coauthored by Joseph Banks)
- Beyond the Call of Duty: The Story of an American Hero in Vietnam (coauthored by Colonel Bernard Fisher USAF Retired)
- Compassionate Soldier: Remarkable True Stories of Mercy, Heroism, and Honor from the Battlefield
- I’ll be Seeing You: A World War II Novel-Pacific Theater
- Stories from the Life of Porter Rockwell (coauthored by John W. Rockwell)
- Attack on the Lusitania! (Plus a DVD)