Cultural Events Committee Seeks Proposals
April 12, 2021
The Cultural Events Committee invites all ISU faculty members to submit an application for funding to serve any ISU community.
An ISU faculty member is any person who holds faculty status at the time of the submission. An ISU community includes any of the ISU campuses, surrounding communities, or an online event that is accessible to campus and surrounding communities. The committee understands “cultural event” to mean any event that celebrates human creativity or human experience, with particular attention to human diversity and its relevance, from the perspectives of the arts, the humanities, or those aspects of the social sciences, the sciences, and technology which have artistic or humanistic content and employ artistic or humanistic methods.
If you are planning a cultural event to take place in the new fiscal year (July 1, 2021 – June 30 2022), submit your application form via the CEC website by Friday, May 7. If you have questions you may contact Mona Xu, the committee chair.
In addition to the information on the committee’s website, we offer the following information:
• The committee has a total of $11,000 to distribute for this new 2021-2022 fiscal year.
• Proposals will be prioritized according to these criteria:
- Evidence of cost-sharing
- Evidence of concrete plans for student engagement
- Evidence of concrete plans for community engagement
• All funding offers are contingent on the availability of funds.
• We encourage applications that address diversity and social justice.
• Multiple applications from within a given department/unit for different events will be considered. However, only one application from an individual will be funded within a fiscal year. Preference will be given to applicants who have not received funding during the previous fiscal year.
• Please note that CEC funds cannot be used to pay stipends to ISU employees, nor for meals.