Roaring Back committees continue work to prepare for fall
June 25, 2020
To keep campus informed about the work being undertaken as part of ISU’s Roaring Back rebound planning efforts, here is an update from each of the Roaring Back committees.
- Developing protocols for classroom cleaning
- Working to develop protocols and source face shields for instruction
- Working to review each class to ensure that distancing can be achieved through space configuration adjustments, finding larger classroom space, adjusting times of courses, moving courses to hyflex models, or moving courses online.
- Developing practices around charging the EISU fee to students in the fall
Student and Campus Services
- Working on guidelines to safely hold New Student Orientation in August
- Discussing protocols for holding University events, including football games in the fall
- Finalized stage 4 guidance for employees and supervisor checklist
- Finalizing sourcing plans for cloth face coverings for faculty, staff, and students
- Developing messaging and updated protocols for the following
- In the case that Idaho or specific counties move back a phase
- University-sponsored travel
- Face coverings
- Long-term telework
- Developing plans to disperse disposable face covering for public spaces and community events
- Refining plans for campus and community events in the fall
- Looking to find a long-term location for our community testing site when Dyer Hall reopens in the fall.