Reed Gym Swimming Pool Now Open
July 30, 2020
Reed Gym swimming pool repairs have been completed, and the pool is now open for limited hours and activities.
Monday through Friday
6 - 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Lap and fitness swimming only; no recreational swimming permitted at this time
- Usage restricted to one person per lane
- Please take a cleansing shower with soap before entering the water
Swimming Pool Operations
- Swimming pool patrons must maintain 6 feet of distance between each other at the pool. The pool check-in area will have floor markers to keep patrons 6 feet apart at all times.
- One swimmer per lane permitted, with exceptions for family or household groups. Congregating on the deck is not permitted.
- Lane space is available on a first-come, first-serve basis; no reservations will be taken. If necessary, lane use may be restricted to 30 minutes per person.
- To limit time in the locker rooms and showers, patrons should consider wearing their suit to and from the pool; arriving as close as possible to when activity begins; and showering at home after pool use.
- All existing pool regulations apply.
All students, faculty, staff and campus visitors are required to wear a face covering in hallways, public spaces, classrooms and common area. This includes wearing a mask in the locker room and on deck, but not while swimming. Patrons are encouraged to utilize their own face coverings, but disposable masks are available at the Student Rec Center front desk or pool check-in desk for those who do not have a personal face covering.
Welcome back to the pool! Thank you for helping us keep our campus community safe.