INL hosting cybersecurity workshop Nov. 10 open to CAES residents
October 27, 2020
INL is hosting a virtual cybersecurity workshop on November 10 that is intended to foster the creation and maintenance of education and training standards related to cybersecurity, one of the seven focus areas outlined in the CAES Strategy.
The free event runs from 9 am to 3:30 pm MT and features:
• opening remarks from US Senator Jim Risch;
• keynote address by Sean Plankey, the principal deputy assistant secretary for DOE’s Office of Cybersecurity, Energy Security and Emergency Response;
• panel discussions on industrial cybersecurity needs and opportunities in education, training, and workforce development;
• a presentation by Sean McBride, coordinator/instructor of the Cyber-Physical Security Program at ISU’s Energy Systems Technology Education Center;
• and a presentation by Dr. Shane Stailey, a senior industrial control systems cybersecurity professional at INL.
Go here for more information or to register.