Consider Donating to the Shared Leave Program
October 12, 2020
The ISU Human Resources and Payroll Offices are inviting faculty and staff to consider donating accrued leave to the Shared Leave Program.
This program allows employees to transfer accrued leave to any eligible State employee for their use as paid sick leave when the employee has exhausted their leave balance and has a need for additional leave hours, in accordance with the State of Idaho’s Donated Leave Policy.
Employees are under NO obligation to donate leave. Employees can donate accrued vacation/sick time using the electronic form linked below. This form can be completed and submitted electronically through DocuSign.
- When you access the form, fill in the open fields to make your selections.
- When you are done and click the “FINISH” button, your document will automatically be time/date stamped and transmitted securely to the ISU Payroll Office. At this point, you may also download or print a copy of your completed form for your own records.
- Your downloaded document will have an “In Progress” watermark visible indicating it has been transmitted and is waiting for sign off that it was received by the Payroll team. There is no need to print and send the form via paper copy or email.
- You will receive an email notification and a final version of the submitted document after Payroll has signed that it was received.
Additionally, there are a few things we want you to be aware of:
- The donating employee must have at least 80 hours of vacation and sick balances AFTER the donation occurs, and can only transfer a total of 80 hours per fiscal year.
- Because the State of Idaho Donated Leave policy prohibits agencies from managing a “bank” of donated hours, your donated hours will remain in your accrued leave balance until an eligible recipient is identified and the hours can be transferred directly to that individual. Therefore, you may still see your hours reflected in your leave balances after your donation is submitted.
- Donations will be used by employees in need based on the order in which they were received.
If you have any questions or know of employees in need of shared leave hours, please contact the HR Office at (208) 282-2517 or email@example.com for assistance.