POCATELLO––On Friday evening just after 6 p.m., a fire was reported in the Rendezvous Building on the Idaho State University campus. Everyone inside the building at the time of the fire was able to safely evacuate, and no injuries were reported.
The sprinkler system extinguished the fire before the Pocatello Fire Department arrived on scene. Fire damage was limited to a table inside a housing unit on the fourth floor of the building. Part of the fourth floor also suffered water damage from the sprinkler system.
The Rendezvous Center was opened back up to students around 7:30 p.m., but a section of B Wing on the fourth floor of Rendezvous will remain closed.
Housing for a small number of students was impacted, and they have been relocated to other housing.