Basic physical and dental exams offered at ISU/Ada County Health Screening March 14
March 1, 2019
MERIDIAN – Basic physical and dental exams, and onsite testing for blood sugar levels and cholesterol are included in free services offered at a free community health screening Thursday, March 14, 4-7 p.m., at the Sam and Aline Skaggs Health Science Center at Idaho State University-Meridian, 1311 E. Central Drive.
The screening is for adults with no insurance or limited access to preventive health care. The Idaho Foodbank will provide free boxes of food for participants.
Faculty and student clinicians administer the services which include:
● Blood pressure checks, medication reviews and disease education
● Oral/dental health evaluation and education
● Depression and alcohol screenings and questionnaires
● On-site testing for blood sugar levels, cholesterol, HIV and hepatitis C
● Hearing and eye screenings
● Nutrition assessments and recommendations
● Health education
● Traumatic brain injury screenings
The Community Health
The full screening process takes about 90 minutes, and patients in immediate need are given appointments at low-cost or free Treasure Valley clinics for additional care. For more information, call 373-1700 or email healthyU@isu.edu.