Kickoff the 2017 I Love ISU Campaign with tailgate at Aug. 31 Bengal football game; campaign’s many events run through Sept. 14
August 29, 2017
POCATELLO – The 35th I Love ISU Campaign kicks off with a 4:30 p.m. tailgate and ribbon-cutting on Aug. 31 on the east side of Holt Arena at the Idaho State University football game against Western Oregon.
The football game begins at 6:30 p.m. but the public is invited for pre-game activities that include free food and beverages provided by the ISU Alumni Association and ribbon-cutting ceremony at 5:15 p.m.
I Love ISU is an annual fundraising campaign that supports student scholarships for Idaho residents and other programs at Idaho State University.
“This campaign has deep roots in the community and it is successful because the donors and volunteers really care about helping students,” said Kallee Valentine, ISU annual giving director. “Our goal is to donate more than $250,000 to scholarships this year. With everyone's help, I know we can do it.”
Steven Muse, Idaho Power regional customer relations manager, is this year’s I Love ISU chair and Kevin Jones, SU Credit Union branch manager is co-chair.
The 2017 campaign runs Sept. 1-14 and includes a variety of happenings, including the opportunity for people to participate in “dine and donate” activities at several local restaurants.
I Love ISU events include:
- Sept. 1 – I Love ISU will be the focus of the monthly Chamber of Commerce meeting running from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Clarion Inn.
- Sept. 6 – Idaho Falls calling campaign. Teams of volunteers will make calls to raise funds for student scholarships.
- Sept. 9 – Dine at Jakers Bar and Grill in Pocatello from 4 to 6 p.m. and Jakers will donate a portion of its proceeds to I Love ISU.
- Sept. 11 – Dine at Jamba Juice locations in Pocatello from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Jamba Juice will donate a portion of its proceeds to I Love ISU.
- Sept. 12 – Dine at Mama Inez in Pocatello from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Mama Inez will donate a portion of its proceeds to I Love ISU.
- Sept. 13 – Dine at the Pocatello McDonald’s on Fifth Avenue from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and McDonalds will donate a portion of its proceeds to I Love ISU.
- Sept. 11-14 – Pocatello, American Falls and Blackfoot calling campaign. Teams of volunteers will these communities to raise funds for student scholarships.
- Sept. 14 – Dine at Taco Bell from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Taco Bell will donate a portion of its proceeds to I Love ISU.
- Sept. 14 – After Hours I Love ISU Celebration from 5 to 7 p.m. hosted by the ISU Credit Union at Ninth Avenue and Carter Street on the ISU Campus. Food provided by D.L. Evans Bank and beverages courtesy of Watkins Distributing.
For more information or to make a donation, visit iloveisu.org or call Valentine at 208-282-2994.