POCATELLO – Idaho State University’s Homecoming 2017 “Bengals for Life” will celebrate a variety of alumni events Sept. 25-30, culminating with the Homecoming Parade at 9:30 a.m. and football game at 2:30 p.m. in Holt Arena on Saturday, Sept. 30.
"We're excited to welcome alumni back to campus for Homecoming. It's a great time of year,” said Ryan Sargent, associate director of alumni relations. “The campus is beautiful, the students are revved-up and there is a real sense of unity within the community in support of our University. Go Bengals!"
Complete homecoming information is available at https://www.isu.edu/homecoming. For more information on Alumni Relations events, call (208) 282-3755, visit isu.edu/homecoming or e-mail email@example.com.
Below is a listing of ISU Homecoming events sponsored by the ISU Alumni Association and the Associated Students of ISU Student Activities Board.
Monday, Sept. 25:
• 7 - 9 p.m. – Outdoor concert performance in the Upper Red Hill Parking Lot. Rainsite: Pond Student Union Ballroom
Tuesday, Sept. 26:
• noon - 1 p.m. – The Bengal Bash will be held on the quad to get students pumped up for Homecoming. Lunch will be provided on the Hutchinson Quadrangle with free food to the first 200 students. Rainsite: Pond Student Union Ballroom.
• 7 p.m. – Bingo in the Pond Student Union Ballroom. The bingo game will be projected on a screen while players sit at tables. Must be 18 or older to play. Cost of attendance is free for students, $2 for faculty and staff and $3 for the public.
Wednesday, Sept. 27:
• 8 p.m. – Bonfire Homecoming rally in Holt Arena parking lot. A DJ will be on site to play music.
Thursday, Sept. 28:
• 2 - 4 p.m. – The Amazing Race will begin in the Office of Student Involvement and Orientation in the Pond Student Union. Teams will compete for prizes and undertake a treasure hunt across the campus in search of the Spirit Log.
• 4 - 6:30 p.m. – The Homecoming Kickoff event will take place at Cadet Field and Reed Gym. There is no admission fee, food will be provided, beverages will be available for purchase, unique raffle items will be available, games and prizes with a tailgate atmosphere. Everyone is welcome!
• 7 p.m. – Homecoming Royalty Pageant will be held in the Pond Student Union Ballroom. Homecoming pageant contestants will perform for the audience for the chance to become Homecoming Royalty. Cost of attendance is free .
Friday, Sept. 29:
• 5-7 p.m. – The Reggie Barton Flag Football Game featuring ISU football alumni will take place at the Idaho Central Credit Union Practice Field. Admittance is free.
• 6-10 p.m. – President’s Alumni Recognition Reception/Dinner, ISU Pond Student Union Ballroom. Scheduled events include a reception at 6 p.m., dinner at 7 p.m. and recognition of Alumni Award recipients at 8 p.m. Cost is $47.70 per person. Reservations are required for assigned seating. Contact (800) 933-4781, (208) 282-3755 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• 9 p.m. – The Rendezvous will become the stage for an all-encompassing party with music, food, and games throughout the building for the Vous Takeover.
• midnight –Students will hike to the Red Hill pillars for the True Bengal event. When the student kisses a fellow Bengal at midnight, they become a True Bengal.
Saturday, Sept. 30:
• 9:30 a.m. – “Bengals for Life” Homecoming Parade begins at the corner of South First Avenue and Center Street. From the starting point, the parade will proceed up Center Street to South 15th Avenue/Memorial Drive, where entries will turn right and continue to the official end at South 15th Avenue/Memorial Drive and the corner of Martin Luther King, Jr. Way.
• noon – Homecoming Football Tailgate will be held on the east side of Holt Arena in the F.A.T pavilion. Join in the fun before the game.
• 2:30-6:30 p.m. – ISU Homecoming Football Game vs. Cal Poly at Holt Arena. Homecoming award recipients’ recognition at halftime. Advance tickets can be purchased at the Holt ticket office, by phone at (208) 282-FANS or online www.idahostatetickets.com. Family Fun Zone tickets are available in advance but not game day; four Family Fun Zone tickets are $60. Football regular tickets are $18 in advance or $25 on game day and tickets for seniors and children are $10 in advance, $17 on game day. Questions call (208) 282-FANS.
For more information, contact Ryan Sargent at email@example.com or (208) 282-4735 or Val Davids at 208-282-3451 or firstname.lastname@example.org.