ISU Leadership Development Program organizes service project to benefit Benny’s Pantry
October 21, 2015
POCATELLO — Idaho State University’s Leadership Development Program is asking ISU and Pocatello community members to donate non-perishable food items for Benny’s Pantry at various locations and events throughout the month of November and early December.
The collection efforts are part of the program’s service project for the semester. The program has received support from ISU Credit Union as well as ISU Athletics to promote the food drive.
Non-perishable food and monetary donations will be accepted at the following collection events:
· Nov. 7 — ISU Football vs. University of Montana at Holt Arena: Look for the ISU Credit Union “Beast” and help “Feed the Beast” to support Benny’s Pantry by bringing non-perishable food items to the northwest corner of Holt Arena before kickoff at 2:35 p.m. Monetary donations will also be accepted.
· Nov. 14 — ISU Football vs. Montana State University at Holt Arena: Look for the ISU Credit Union “Beast” and help “Feed the Beast” to support Benny’s Pantry by bringing non-perishable food items to the northwest corner of Holt Arena before kickoff at 2:35 p.m. Monetary donations will also be accepted.
· Nov. 18 — ISU Symphonic Band Concert in Jensen Grand Concert Hall at the Stephens Performing Arts Center: Bring non-perishable food items to support Benny’s Pantry before the concert at 7:30 p.m. A collection table will be set up near the entrance of the event.
· Nov. 21 — Pocatello Albertson’s: Participants in ISU’s Leadership Development Program will be at Albertson’s from 10 a.m. until 1 p.m., so stop by to donate non-perishable food items to Benny’s Pantry.
· Dec. 5 — Ridley’s: Participants in ISU’s Leadership Development Program will set up at Ridley’s Pocatello Creek location along with Benny the Bengal. Stop by and donate non-perishable food items and take a selfie or photo with Benny from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Additionally, collection bins have been placed in various departments and locations on the ISU campus. These collection bins will be available for food drop-off through December.
Collection bins are located in the following locations: speech pathology, nursing, the Research and Innovation in Science and Engineering Complex, the Museum Building, the Idaho Accelerator Center, the College of Technology, the Administration Building, Graveley Hall and the Family Medicine Building.
All donations and proceeds will be donated to Benny’s Pantry, which opened in January 2014 and provides emergency food assistance to the ISU community. It is the first college or university food pantry in the state of Idaho.
Each session of the Leadership Development course selects a service project in order to gain experience in leadership through choosing, facilitating and coordinating an event. The program is offered by ISU’s Office of Human Resources to faculty, classified and non-classified employees in an effort to provide opportunities for professional development and building leadership skills.