Idaho State University calendar of events, Oct. 22-Nov. 5
October 22, 2012
ISU Coming Events: October 22 – November 5
The Idaho State University Office of Marketing and Communications distributes this event calendar to let the public and media know about upcoming non-athletic events at the University. This information is intended for release in print and broadcast events calendars. Various events calendars with more complete information are available online at the website www.isu.edu/calendar.
A copy of this release can also be accessed via ISU's homepage at www.isu.edu. Information about ISU athletic events is available at www.isubengals.com. The area code for all phone numbers is 208 unless otherwise noted. The phone number for Marketing and Communications is (208) 282-3620.
Thursday, October 25
• ISU Retired Employees ninth annual reunion: No-host social activities start at 5:30 p.m., followed buffet dinner at 7 p.m. at Juniper Hills Country Club in Pocatello. For more information call Ron or Joan McCune, 233-8467 or Ross or Anita Ruchti, 233-6594.
• ISU Music Department Percussion Ensemble & Steel Band Concert: 7:30 p.m. Jensen Grand Concert Hall, Stephens Performing Arts Center. Information, 282-3636; tickets, 282-3595.
Friday, October 26
• ISU Annual Pocatello Ski Swap set Oct. 26-28: The annual Pocatello Ski Swap will be held Oct. 26-28 at Idaho State University in the Pond Student Union Ballroom. Event hours are from 7 to 10 p.m. Oct. 26; from 9 to 6 p.m. Oct. 27; and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Oct. 28. The $10 entry Early Bird Special is Friday from 6 to 7 p.m., allowing early patrons to have the first look at gear. After 7 p.m. Friday, there is a $2 entry fee. For more information call CW HOG at 282-3912.
Saturday, October 27
• ISU Third Annual Physical Therapy Kostume 5K: Registration begins at 9 a.m. for the fun run/walk and kid’s race. Registration and starting location is just below McIntosh Manor. Cost is $7 for adults and $2 for kids. For safety reason, no masks that cover face or eyes will be allowed to be worn while running/walking. More information, 208-282-2117.
• ISU Muggle Magic Event: The Idaho Museum of Natural History at Idaho State University will present "Muggle Magic: Real Science From the Wizarding World of Harry Potter" on Oct. 27 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. All activities are free and for more information contact the museum at 282-2195 or facebook.com/imnhedcenter.
• ISU CW HOG Annual Showing of Warren Miller Ski Movie Slated: The Idaho State University Cooperative Wilderness Handicapped Outdoor Group (CW HOG) will present the annual Warren Miller ski movie at 1, 3, 7 and 9:30 p.m. on Oct. 27 in the Pond Student Union Theater. Ticket prices are $10 in advance and $12 at the door, except for the 1 and 3 p.m. matinees, which are $7. Tickets are available at the CW HOG office, Snow Expo/Ski Swap, Scott's Ski & Sports and Barrie's Sports. For more information, call CW HOG at 282-3912.
• ISU Civic Symphony to present Halloween Spooktacular Family Concert: The Idaho State-Civic Symphony, along with winners of its 2012 Young Artist Competition, will present a Halloween Spooktacular Family Concert on Saturday, Oct. 27, at 2:30 p.m. in the Idaho State University Jensen Grand Concert Hall of the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Tickets are available at the Stephens Performing Arts Center Box Office and are $27 for a family ticket (up to 6 members) or $12 for an individual ticket282-3595.
• ISU Haunted Lab Science: The ISU Society of Physics Students, the Kiwanis Club of Pocatello and the ISU Department of Physics will host a Haunted Science Laboratory exhibit on Oct. 27 from 3 to 9 p.m. at the old Carquest warehouse, 1161 Wilson Ave. in Pocatello, one block west of the Pizza Hut on Yellowstone. The entrance fee will be $3 per person or $7 per family (limit six). All proceeds will go to Kiwanis supported charities benefiting Southeast Idaho children. For more information about the exhibit or to schedule a school field trip, contact Steve Shropshire in the ISU Department of Physics at or 282-2212.
• ISU Children's Readers' Theatre: The Idaho State University School of Performing Arts will present the Children's Readers' Theatre "Halloween Hooplah: Featuring John Pigs Halloween" at 7:30 p.m. Oct. 27. The production will be held in the Stephens Performing Arts Center Jensen Grand Concert Hall and is rated G for children 3 years and older. Tickets are $5 or $25 for a family pass, for up to six family members. Tickets are available at the Performing Arts Center Box Office in person or by phone at 208-282-3595, Vickers Western Wear stores in Pocatello and Idaho Falls, Pond Student Union Building Information Desk or online at www.isu.edu/tickets.
Thursday, November 1
• Idaho State University-Meridian to provide dental evals, physical exams, flu shots: a free community health screening, Nov. 1 from 4 to 7 p.m., at the Charitable Assistance to Community’s Homeless office, 503 S. Americana Blvd., in Boise. The full screening process takes about an hour. No appointment is necessary. Valley Ride bus stops are nearby. For more information, call 373-1700.
Saturday, November 10
• ISU Jazz Band Concert: 730 p.m. Jensen Grand Concert Hall, Stephens Performing Arts Center. Information, 282-3636; tickets, 282-3595.
Thursday, November 15
• ISU 'A Season of Note' to Present Little River Band: The Australia-based band will perform at 7:30 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $45 and $40. Tickets can be purchased at the Stephens Center Box Office, open from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during the school year; over the phone at (208) 282-3595; online at www.isu.edu/tickets; or at Vickers Western Stores in Pocatello or Idaho Falls. Website: www.littleriverband.com.