ISU website design and management BPA students excel at state leadership conference
March 14, 2011
The Idaho State University College of Technology Website Design and Management Business Professionals of America Chapter excelled at the Idaho State Leadership Conference at Stevens-Henager College in Boise where they competed against other universities and colleges across the state.
Advisers Karla Stroud and Anne Hunt, along with eight students, attended the state conference. All eight of the students placed either first or second in at least one event. The students exhibited profound knowledge in Fundamentals of Web Design, taking first through fifth place in the event.
The following students placed:
• Jordan Elison: second, Web Design Team; third, Fundamentals of Web Design ; fifth, Desktop Publishing
• Stephen Flatten: first, Computer Animation Team; first, Graphic Design Promotion; fifth, Fundamentals of Web Design
• Kerry Hays: first, Computer Animation Team; second, Digital Media Production
• Thomas Knorr: second, Fundamentals of Web Design; fourth, Digital Media Production
• Cody Snooks: first, Animation Team; first, Digital Media
• Abby Wentzel: second, Web Design Team; third, Graphic Design Promotion; fourth, Fundamentals of Web Design
• Loran Whited: second, Web Design Team; fourth, Graphic Design Promotion;
• Kim Wright: first, Fundamentals of Web Design; sixth, Graphic Design Promotion.
Knorr and Wright participated in the virtual media contest. In addition, Knorr, Kim Wright and Whited each received the Torch Award.
All eight students will represent Idaho State University at the National Leadership Conference in Washington, D.C. in May to compete against the best in the nation.
The mission of Business Professionals of America is to contribute to the preparation of a world class workforce through the advancement of leadership, citizenship, academic, and technological skills. Students involved in BPA receive opportunities to develop leadership skills, interact with business/industry, and compete in events both state and nationwide.