ISU’s Maria Fletcher named Idaho representative for NAFSA
February 5, 2009
Maria Fletcher, director of international programs at Idaho State University, has been named Idaho State Representative for Region I of the NAFSA: Association of International Educators.
NAFSA Region 1 includes Idaho, Alaska, Oregon, Washington and British Columbia.
Fletcher’s responsibilities during this two-year appointment will include:
• assistance in planning the Region 1 NAFSA conference and serving as conferencsession vetting coordinator the first year, and conference registrar and/or mentoring coordinator during the second year;
• collecting information on actions or proposed actions of the state legislature that would affect international students and forwarding it to the regional NAFSA chair;
• identifying special needs of the state, such as workshop topics and session topics for the Region 1 conference;
• serving as a communication network for the dissemination of information from the various NAFSA task forces and committees; and
• serving as a public relations person for NAFSA by providing information on membership meetings and professional development opportunities to institutions in the state.
NAFSA was founded in 1948 as the National Association of Foreign Student Affairs. NAFSA serves international educators and their institutions and organizations by setting standards of good practice, providing training and professional development opportunities, providing networking opportunities, and advocating for international education.
More information about NAFSA is available at www.nafsa.org.