ISU events, March 16-April 11
March 17, 2008
ISU Coming Events:
The Idaho State University Office of University Relations distributes this events calendar to let the media and public know about upcoming non-athletic events at the University. This information is intended to be released in print and broadcast events calendars. Various events calendars with more complete information are available online at the Web site www.isu.edu/calendar_news.shtml. A copy of this release can also be accessed via ISU’s home page at www.isu.edu. Information about ISU athletic events is available at http://isubengals.cstv.com/. The area code for all phone numbers is 208 unless otherwise noted. The phone number for University Relations is 282-3620.
Wednesday, March 19
• Chemical, Biological and Natural Disaster Training: “Preparing Your Practice for a Disaster and Emergency Event” presented by David N. Gans, VP, Practice management resources, MGM. From 1 to 3 p.m. at ISU’s Oboler Library, room VA 117, and various locations throughout Idaho. Pre-registration is required. For more information call 282-4436.
• Singer/Songwriter Gary Eller to present “Historically Based Songs of Southern Idaho”: Presentation is free of charge and begins at 7 p.m. in ISU’s Pond Student Union Building, Salmon River Room. For more information, contact Jennifer Attebery at 282-2531 or Kevin Marsh at 282-2877.
Thursday, March 20
• Senior Recital: Nate Foxley, euphonium, will perform at 7:30 p.m. in Goranson Hall. Admission is free. For information, call 282-3636.
Thursday, March 20 and Friday, March 21
• ISU Health Fair sponsored by ISU Kasiska College of Health Professions: Fair will feature free health screening tests and educational booths. Event will take place in the ISU Pond Student Union Building from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Optional services will be available for a small fee. For more information or to volunteer, call 282-3107.
Saturday, March 22
• A Season of Note: Golden Dragon Acrobats: Acrobats from Hebei, China will perform to traditional Chinese music in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall at 7:30 p.m. Tickets available at the Stephens Performing Arts Center box office. For information, call 282-3595.
Monday, March 24, to Friday, March 28
• Spring Break: No classes.
Wednesday, March 26
• Chemical, Biological and Natural Disaster Training: “Medical Management of Bio-terrorism Casualties” presented by COL. Ted Cieslak, MD, Department of Defense Liaison Officer, Center for Disease Control and Prevention. From 1 to 3 p.m. at ISU’s Oboler Library, room VA 117, and various locations throughout Idaho. Pre-registration is required. For more information call 282-4436.
Monday, March 31
• Pocatello Music Club Scholarship Auditions: Vocal auditions will be in Goranson Hall at 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, April 1
• Gender Book Club Meeting: “Still Alive: A Holocaust Girlhood Remembered” by Ruth Kluger. Meeting starts at 5:30 p.m. at Main Street Coffee and News. This meeting is open to men and women. Participants must bring their own copy of the book. For more information, call 282-2805.
Wednesday, April 2
• Pocatello Music Club Scholarship Auditions: Instrumental auditions will be in Goranson Hall at 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, April 10
• High School Concert Band Festival: Concert is all day in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall. For more information, call 282-3636.
Friday, April 11
• Russia’s White Night: This cultural event features food, music and dancing. Begins at 6:30 p.m. in the Pond Student Union Building Wood River Room. Tickets may be purchased in the PSUB lobby from March 31 through April 11, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information, contact Susan Schaefer at 403-3578 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• ISU’s Graduate Student Council – 2nd Friday: 2nd Fridays are hosted by graduate students for graduate students. Meeting is from 4 to 5:30 p.m. at the Pocatello campus, Rendezvous Suite, on the first floor next to the Spirit room. For more information, contact Michael Livingston at email@example.com or Cynthia Pemberton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• ISU Jazz Band: Concert begins at 7:30 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall. ISU students are admitted free with a Bengal card. Tickets are available at the Stephens Performing Arts Center box office. For information, call 282-3636.