FOOLs’ social evening April 13 to spotlight ISU authors
April 6, 2007
Here’s to Idaho State University authors. A social evening of wine tasting and discussion on works written by ISU faculty will be hosted by The Friends of Oboler Library (FOOL’s) from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. April 13 in the ISU Student Union Building Wood River Room.
Tickets are $15 each and may be reserved by calling 282-2997. The event will feature wines from Idaho wineries and light hors d’oeuvres.
“A Toast to our Authors” will honor ISU humanities faculty who have published books, journal articles, works of fiction, musical composition, art or other creative works during 2006. An exhibit of their works will be presented and a few of the honorees will make brief remarks about their works.
The public may see the ISU authors’ works on display in the Oboler Library from the end of April throughout May.
Honored authors are:
• Jennifer Adkison, English and philosophy
• Brian Attebery, English and philosophy
• Ralph Baergen, English and philosophy
• Diane Comer, English and philosophy
• Tara Johnson, theatre and dance
• Ronald Hatzenbuehler, history
• Kevin Marsh, history
• Brian Norman, English and philosophy
• Roger Schmidt, English and philosophy
• Susan Swetnam, English and philosophy
• Jessica Winston, English and philosophy
• Laura Woodworth-Ney, history
There will be a raffle for gift baskets. Funds raised by the raffle will go toward furthering the goal and mission of supporting the Oboler Library.
FOOL’s are citizens who volunteer their time to help provide support for the collections and services of the library. For more information regarding membership, benefits, upcoming events, visit www.isu.edu/library/friends.
For more information on the event, contact Sue Roth at 282-2997 or firstname.lastname@example.org.