“White Tent” student activities fair set Aug. 29
August 17, 2007
More than 80 Idaho State University departments, student organizations and other campus groups will have representatives at the “Get Connected at the White Tent” event on the Hutchinson Quadrangle from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 29.
In conjunction with the activities fair, the ISU Students Unions will sponsor a barbeque on the Quad and the ISU Student Activities Board will sponsor a band.
“This is a great opportunity to welcome students, faculty and staff to campus; create an awareness of departments, programs, services and organizations campus-wide; and generate a sense of community on campus,” said Libby Howe, ISU director of university relations.
Other ISU Week of Welcome events include:
• Aug. 26 – Freshman March Through the Arch and barbeque, Hutchinson Quadrangle, 5 p.m.
• Aug. 27 – Welcome back breakfast, Quad, 9-10:30 a.m.; party with free snow cones and cotton candy, Quad, noon to 1 p.m.; bingo, Pond Student Union Building Bengal Café, 6-7:30 p.m.; Reed Gym night, Reed Gym, 7-10 p.m.
• Aug. 28 – Presidential address and ice cream social, Quad, noon; tailgate party for ISU women’s volleyball game, across from Reed Gymnasium, 6-7 p.m; ice blocking (riding ice blocks down a grassy hill) and root beer kegger, Bartz field, 8:30-10 p.m.
• Aug. 29 – Greek games, Quad, 7:30-10 p.m.
• Aug. 30 – Rendezvous Complex welcome and various activities, Rendezvous Complex, 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.; Rendezvous Complex Dedication Ceremony, 1 p.m.; rock climbing activity, Lower Ross Park, 5 p.m.; street party and concert, Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, 6-10 p.m.
For more information, contact the Students Activities Board at 282-3451.