facebook pixel Skip to Main Content
Idaho State University home

ISU Counseling and Testing Office now offers hundreds of new tests, licensure exams

August 28, 2007
ISU Marketing and Communications

Residents of eastern Idaho and western Wyoming needing to take a variety of professional licensing exams and other tests – from Medical Board Certification exams to applying for a Utah Contractors’ License – can now do so at the Idaho State University Counseling and Testing Office in Pocatello.

“Through our new contracts with Thomson Prometric and PAN, we now offer nearly 400 new exams that weren’t available in east Idaho before,” said Dr. Donald Paulson, director of the ISU Counseling and Testing Office. “Before driving to Salt Lake or Boise to take a test, I’d recommend checking our Web site or the appropriate exam Web site.”

A few of the new tests offered include certification and licensure examinations for physician assistants, occupational and physical therapists, pharmacists, and other physician exams to be board certified, the multistate pharmacy jurisprudence exam, all the exams to be a Certified Public Accountant, and the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) exams. It’s also possible to take an exam as esoteric as the Minnesota cosmetology certification at the Pocatello office.

 “We still offer all the tests we’ve offered through our ACT, ETS, CLEP, and Pearson Vue contracts such as the GRE, GMAT and Social Work and Dietetics Certification exams, but we now offer other exams such as the MCAT, DAT, Automobile Service Exam, CISCO certification exams, Microsoft certification exams as will as a wide range of other services,” Paulson said. “This is a great service to the communities of this region.”

For a complete listing of tests offered at the Counseling and Testing Office, visit the Web site www.isu.edu/ctc/testing.html or visit the office on the third floor of Graveley Hall, located at 1001 South Eighth Street (Cesar Chavez Way), Pocatello.

The Idaho Falls ISU Counseling and Testing and Career Service, which offers some of the new tests, is located in the Bennion Student Union Building at the Center for Higher Education, 1784 Science Center Drive, (208) 282-7750.


University News