Full-time ISU students eligible for university Christmas-card design competition
October 2, 2006
Full-time Idaho State University undergraduate and graduate students can enter a contest to create the design for this year's ISU Christmas card. The contest winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship, the runner up a $500 scholarship.
The deadline for entries is Nov. 1 and the winning selection will be announced Nov. 6. Entrants should try to capture the spirit and beauty of the holiday season, while thematically incorporating ISU.
Contest rules are:
• Entries must be a drawing or painting. No photographs or computer-generated design. Acceptable mediums include, but are not limited to, watercolor, oil, acrylic, pastel.
• No black and white entries will be accepted.
• Art can be vertical or horizontal 16"x10.5".
• Entrants must be full-time ISU graduate or undergraduate students and are not limited to art majors.
• Entering an art piece allows ISU to use all images in print and/or on the Web.
• The winning entry will be announced Nov. 6 and becomes property of ISU. The University reserves the right to abstain from selecting a winner if entries do not meet quality standards.
The contest winner will receive a framed copy of the artwork in addition to their scholarship prize.
All entries must be turned in to the President's Office by 5 p.m. on Nov. 1. No entries will be accepted after that time. All entries, except the winning entry, can be picked up at the President's Office between Nov. 6 and 10.
For more information, contact the ISU President's Office at (208) 282-4798, or e-mail email@example.com with any questions.