Biennial Idaho State Convention of American Association of University women set June 27-29 at Idaho State University
Posted June 16, 2014
Interested persons are invited to attend the Biennial Idaho State Convention of the American Association of University Women at Idaho State University in Pocatello on June 27-29 in the Salmon River Suite of the Pond Student Union Building.
This meeting is held every other year and the purpose is to conduct the business of the state AAUW. It is the organization’s opportunity to amend the by-laws, update its public policy priorities, and to elect state officers for the next term (2014-2016).
Highlights of this year’s convention include:
• A reception on Friday, June 27 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the historic Magnuson Alumni House will kick off the convention. The address is 554 S. Seventh Avenue, just off ISU’s campus on the corner of Seventh Avenue and Halliday Street.
• Dave Kirkwood, a member of the AAUW National Board of Directors, will conduct a town hall meeting to provide information about national AAUW and answer questions.
• The Coeur d’Alene Branch will demonstrate a condensed version of their Spelling Bee during lunch on Saturday, June 28. The Spelling Bee has been a fun and effective fundraiser for the branch, encouraging interaction among branch members, the Coeur d’Alene community, and students and staff at North Idaho College.
• The June 28 evening dinner at The Sand Trap at 6 p.m. will feature Elaine Smith, Idaho State Representative, Pocatello branch member and finance officer, and former President of Idaho AAUW; she will provide insight into the work of the Idaho State Legislature and help shed some light on this election year’s politics.
• On Sunday, June 29, in the morning, the convention will wrap up with the installation of new state officers for the 2014-2016 term.
The AAUW mission is to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research. Membership is open to anyone holding an associate or equivalent, baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university. New members may join for half price at the meeting.
Idaho State University is an institutional partner of the Pocatello Branch and students enrolled at ISU are eligible to receive a free e-Student Affiliation membership. For more information about membership or the convention,contact Linda Leeuwrik at 226-6245 or email@example.com.