Posted February 20, 2013
The Idaho State University Women's History Month (WHM) Committee will present several events celebrating the ISU 2013 Women’s History Month in March.
WHM is an annual event in the ISU and Pocatello communities. The event provides an opportunity to celebrate the lives of women throughout history.
The complete calendar of events can be found on the Janet C. Anderson Gender Resource Center website at www.isu.edu/andersoncenter. These events are free and open to the public.
• Feb. 27, Art Show "Feminism Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow": The opening for the annual art show will be held at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 27, at Mind's Eye Gallery at the Rendezvous Complex. The show, which runs through March, focuses on the theme of the origins of feminism, current interpretation of feminism from the society, and the future of feminism.
• March 6, Work Shop "31 Songs Project": The workshop, which will focus on woman and diversity, will be presented by musicians The Billies at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, March 6, at the Rendezvous Complex Suites.
• March 7-8, Salary Negotiation Workshop: The Behavioral Interviewing and $tart $mart workshops at 3 p.m. March 7 and 8 will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to successfully ace that interview and negotiate your professional salary and benefit package. Participation is free, but preregistration is required. To register, visit: isu.edu/andersoncenter
• March 7 and 14, "LUNAFEST": LUNAFEST is a nationally celebrated film festival of nine short films by, for and about women. The festival will be held at 7 p.m. on Thursday, March 7, in the Pond Student Union Salmon River Suites in Pocatello, and at noon on Wednesday, March 13, in the Multipurpose Room of the Bennion Student Union at University Place in Idaho Falls.
• March 8, 2013 Women’s History Month Keynote Speaker: Nancy Jackson, founder of the Climate and Energy Project, will be the ISU WHM keynote speaker at 7 p.m. on Friday, March 8, in the Pond Student Union Salmon River Suites. Her presentation will focus on sustainability.
The 2013 Women's History Month is sponsored by the ISU Anderson Gender Resource Center and a variety of other sponsors.
For more information, contact the Anderson Center at 208-282-2805 or visit www.isu.edu/andersoncenter.