Posted January 26, 2007
The Idaho State University Janet C. Anderson Gender Resource Center will sponsor The Gender Book Club this spring semester at ISU. It will meet at 5:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of every month at Main Street Coffee, 234 N. Main, Pocatello.
The public and ISU students, faculty and staff are welcome. Participants are asked to acquire their own copies of the books. Book prices are listed at amazon.com.
Discussion dates and books are as follows:
• Feb. 6, “Mankiller: A Chief and Her People,” by Wilma Mankiller and Michael Wallis, listed at $11.66 (Mankiller was the keynote speaker for the 2007 ISU Human Rights Celebration on Jan. 18).
• March 6, “Love, Ellen: A Mother/Daughter Journey,” Betty Degeneres, listed at $11.90.
• April 3, “Skin Folk,” Nalo Hopkinson, listed at $11.01. (Hopkinson will be at ISU on April 13-14).
• May 1, “Self-Made Man: One Woman’s Journey into Manhood and Back,” Norah Vincent, listed at $10.20.
• June 5, “Female Chauvinist Pigs: Women and the Rise of Raunch Culture,” Ariel Levy, listed at $11.20.
For more information, contact Rebecca Morrow at 282-2805 or firstname.lastname@example.org.