Posted November 1, 2010
A variety of events are planned at University Place in Idaho Falls by the ISU-Idaho Falls Armed Forces Club on Veterans Day, Thursday, Nov. 11.
"We invite our students, staff, faculty, and the public, to come observe Veterans Day with us, to honor those who have served and those who are serving now," said Dustin Mortimer, president of the Idaho State University-Idaho Falls Armed Forces Veterans Club.
Those events include:
• 11:45 a.m. – Flag Ceremony by the Idaho National Guard Honor Guard
• 12 p.m. – Four F-15-E Jets, from Mountain Home Air Force Base will make a flyover of the University Place Campus. Organizers hope this will occur just as the flag ceremony finishes, but the timing of this is difficult.
• 12 to 1 p.m. – Potato bar lunch, provided by the ISU-Idaho Falls Student Activities Board, free to students and veterans and a minimal charge to others.
• 12:15 to 1 p.m. – Military Bowl Contest. Teams will be organized and will compete in a Military Bowl, answering questions on military history, trivia, etc. Participation is appreciated and prizes will be awarded to the teams and audience members.
• 6 to 7 p.m. – Dinner for Veterans. Open to student and community veterans who may bring one guest. The dinner is planned to be on a first-come, first-served basis and will serve up to 150 people.
• 7 p.m. – Showing of the movie "Restrepo" in the University Place TAB Auditorium. This is free to students and community members, but seating is limited to 275 people. More information on the movie is available at .
For more information about these events or to reserve seats for the dinner or movie, contact ISU-Idaho Falls Armed Forces Veterans Club President Dustin Mortimer at (208) 282-7855 or .