Posted October 15, 2010
ISU Coming Events
The Idaho State University Office of Marketing and Communications distributes this event calendar to let the public and media know about upcoming non-athletic events at the University. This information is intended for release in print and broadcast events calendars. Various events calendars with more complete information are available online at the website www.isu.edu/calendar. A copy of this release can also be accessed via ISU’s homepage at www.isu.edu. Information about ISU athletic events is available at www.isubengals.com. The area code for all phone numbers is 208 unless otherwise noted. The phone number for Marketing and Communications is 282-3620.
Friday, Oct. 15
• ISU Symphonic Band Concert: The Idaho State University Symphonic Band will perform a concert Friday, Oct. 15, 7:30-9 p.m, in Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Ticket prices are $8 for general admission, $6 for ISU faculty and staff, $4 for precollege and free for ISU students. No children under age 6 will be admitted into the concert. For ticket information call 282-3555 or visit www.isu.edu/tickets.
Saturday, Oct. 16
• The Pink Tea: Anderson Gender Resource Center presents The Pink Tea, a special event hosted in celebration of life for cancer survivors, family and friends, on Saturday, Oct. 16, noon-2 p.m. at the Juniper Hills Country Club. Participation in this event is free for survivors plus one supporter. For more information or to RSVP, contact Patti Farrell at 234-1836.
Friday, Oct. 22 and Saturday, Oct. 23
• ISU Chemistry Magic Show: The annual ISU Chemistry Magic Show put on by the ISU Chemistry Club in celebration of National Chemistry Week will be Friday, Oct. 22, 7-8 p.m. and Saturday, Oct 23, 10:30-11 a.m. in Room 140 of the Physical Science Complex. The theme of this year’s show is “Behind the Scenes with Chemistry.” After the show there will be a variety of different hands-on activities. This event is for all ages. For more information, call 282-4444.
Saturday, Oct. 23
• Idaho Science and Engineering Festival: The Idaho Science and Engineering Satellite Festival on Saturday, Oct 23, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. in the Student Union Ballroom, will showcase science in Idaho. It is presented in conjunction with the inaugural USA Science and Engineering Festival in Washington DC. For more information, contact Linda DeVeaux at 282-5661.
• ISU Choral Invitational Festival: The Idaho State University Choir will perform on Saturday, Oct. 23, 7-9:30 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall of the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $8 for general admission, $6 for ISU faculty and staff, $4 for precollege and free for ISU students. No children under age 6 will be admitted into the concert. For more information, contact the ISU Music Department at 282-3636.
Wednesday, Oct. 27
• Season of Note: JIGU-Thunderdrums of China: JIGU-Thunder Drums of China will be performing in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall of the Stephens Performing Arts Center on Wednesday, Oct. 27, 7:30-9:30 p.m. From the Shanix province, this world-renoun company of drummers, percussionists and musicians perform music deeply rooted in folk origins, which are blended with many modern musical elements. This is part of the ISU “A Season of Note” series. Tickets are $32 (lower level), $28 (upper level). For ticket information call 282-3535 or visit www.isu.edu/tickets.
Friday, Oct. 29
• 23rd annual Idaho Conference on Health Care: The 23rd Annual Idaho Conference on Health Care and the 3rd Annual Thomas Geriatric Health Symposium will be held on Friday, Oct. 29, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. at the ISU Pond Student Union. Participants may choose to attend one of the following two events: (1) Functional Family Therapy Workshop, or (2) Thomas Geriatric Health Symposium. Continuing Education credit will be available for various professions such as nursing, counceling, social work and physchology. This event is for adults and tickets can be purchased by contacting the Division of Continuing Education at 282-3155.
Friday, Oct. 29-Sunday, Oct. 31
• Pocatello Snow Expo Ski Swap: Earn money by selling your used skis, clothes or equipment Friday, Oct. 29, 6-10 p.m.; Saturday, Oct. 30, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; and Sunday, Oct. 31, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., in the Pond Student Union Ballroom. For more information, call CW HOG office at 282-3912.
Saturday, Oct. 30
• SPTA Kostume 5k Fun Run/Walk: The ISU SPTA is holding their first ever Kostume 5k Fun Run/Walk at BArtz Field on Oct. 30. Registration begins at 8 a.m. and the event will start at 9 a.m. There will also be kids races shorter distances that begin around 10 a.m. Participants are encouraged but not required to wear costumes. No masks that cover the mouth or eyes will be allowed during the race. Tickets are $5. For more information email Tyler Stucki at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, Oct. 30-Sunday, Oct. 31
• Poky Spin-a-thon: This series of indoor cycling classes led by certified spinning instructors supports the Idaho Condor Nutrition Team, The Pocatello Food Bank and numerous ISU Clubs. It will be held in Reed Gym’s Spinning Room on Saturday, Oct. 30 and 31, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Cost of admission is $5 and five cans of food for the first session, then $5 or five cans of food for additional sessions. For more information, contact Cathryn Erickson at email@example.com or 890-4267.
Wednesday, Nov. 3
• Second Annual Crab Feed: On Wednesday, Nov. 3, 6-10 p.m. there will be an all you can eat Dungeness crab feed in support of ISU Women’s Basketball in the Student Union Ballroom. Cost is $30 and also includes beverages, Buddy’s salad, Texas Roadhouse rolls and a side dish.
Saturday, Nov. 6
• CW HOG Annual Showing of Warren Miller Ski Movie: The ISU Cooperative Wilderness Handicapped Outdoor Group (CW HOG) will present the annual Warren Miller ski movie and 1, 7 and 9: 30 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 6 in the Pond Student Union Theater. This Miller movie is titled “Wintervention.” Proceeds support the CW HOG program. Ticket prices are $9 in advance and $11 at the door, except for the 1 p.m. matinee, which is $7. Tickets are available at the CW HOG office, Snow Expo Ski/Swap, Scott’s Ski & Sports and Barrie’s Sports. For more information, call 282-3921
Friday, Nov. 12
• Idaho State Civic Symphony presents Sea Pictures: The Idaho State Civic Symphony will perform a concert themed “Sea Pictures” on Friday, Nov. 12 at 7:30 p.m. To order tickets by phone or for more information, call the Symphony Office at 234-1587 or the Stephens Performing Arts Center Box Office at 282-3595. Tickets can also be purchased online at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, Nov. 12; Saturday, Nov. 13; Thursday, Nov. 18; Friday, Nov. 19; Saturday, Nov. 20
• Cabaret-The Musical: The ISU Theater Department will perform Cabaret-The Musical Friday, Nov. 12; Saturday, Nov. 13; Thursday, Nov. 18; Friday, Nov. 19; and Saturday, Nov. 20, 7:30-9:30 p.m. in the Beverly B. Bistline Theater. For more information, call 282-3173 or go to www.isu.edu/departments/theadanc.
Saturday, Nov. 13
• Blue Suede Shoes – The Ultimate Elvis Experience: Scot Bruce (as Elvis during the early part of his career) and Mike Albert (as Elvis during his Vegas years) team up in a tribute to Elvis Presley, the “King of Rock and Roll.” This is part of the ISU “A Season of Note” series. Tickets are $32 (lower level) and $28 (upper level). For ticket information call 282-3535 or visit www.isu.edu/tickets.